Glutinous rice flour - 115 g
Rice flour - 115 g
Coconut milk - 600 ml
Sugar - 240 g
Jasmine water - 200 ml
Liquid food colouring
- Place the sugar and jasmine water into a saucepan and cook over a low heat for about ten minutes, stirring continuously until smooth syrup has formed.
- Leave to cool and set aside. Now mix the syrup and two flours in a bowl, adding the coconut milk gradually.
- Work together and divide the mixture in two, one part of the white roses, and the other part for the coloured roses.
- Add few drops of food colouring and mix thoroughly. Steam the dough blocks separately fro three to five minutes and allow to cool .
- Finally, form roses by cutting the dough into three-centimeter wide strips and curling into a rose form.