Potatoes - 1.5 kg
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Grated nutmeg - 1/2 tsp
Semolina - 50 gms
Plain flour - 75 gms'
Eggs - 2
Fresh mixed herbs - 2 tbsp
Small onion - 1 (chopped)
Oil - 2 tbsp
Bread slices -2 (crushed and sliced)
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- Drain well, then sieve or put through a food processor until very smooth. Cool.
- Add the baking powder, salt, nutmeg, semolina, flour, eggs, herbs and onion to the potatoes and knead to make a smooth dough.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the bread slice and fry until browned and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper towels.
- Using floured hands, shape the potato dough into round dumplings about the size of your list.
- Press a few of the fried bread dice into the centre of each dumpling.
- Cook in boiling salted water for 12-15 minutes or until puffed up and cooked through.
- Drain and serve hot.